Updated: May 22, 2020
Long before current events changed where and how many of us work, Matt Matt Mullenweg, cofounder of WordPress had developed a 100% distributed workforce at his company Automattic.
Automattic is “distributed first.” The idea of a geographically disperse workforce was a foundational one. Nearly 800 employees work in 67 different countries.
In the following video, Matt provides a number of tips for building what he calls “a distributed capability.” These include:
- Document everything
- Always leave a trail (so others can pick up where you left off)
- Move communications online
- Find the right [software] tools
- Create productive face to face time
- Help people create their own working space
Google Workspace is like a "business version" of consumer Gmail
Free Trial Information →
Join over 6 million businesses that are getting
everyone on the same page, literally